Wednesday 23 August 2017

Gary Fisher - Presidio



I accidentally picked up a really sweet bike recently. It's a Gary Fisher Presidio that's been sitting in storage so I picked it up for a song. I'm still not over losing the KLEIN to a stupidly small lock outside the Siam Paragon in Bangkok and then I lost the vintage replica I bought on a mad night out on Sukhumvit Road. Since then I've been borrowing other people's bikes till I bought a cheap bike in Jomtien follow by a Giant Talon which is a terrific bike but I had to let it go after leaving Hong Kong. Fortunately the great Robert Stanley was coincidentally living just across the bay from me so he took it off my hands and saved me lugging it back to the UK at a premium. Always welcome in a tight corner.

A post shared by Charles Edward Frith (@charles.frith) on


A post shared by Charles Edward Frith (@charles.frith) on


Strange isn't it? The name Presidio

Also, it was for a sale literally a few doors up the road from where I am. 

Another piece of synchronicity. 

Anyway it's a real gents bicycle but it rides faster than any bike I've had yet. Like a hot knife through butter with the sweetest Bontrager tires imaginable and comes with a new found love for handlebar gear changes.

Sweet As.